Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost? How do you make money?
Kytephone is absolutely free! We will never show ads to your child or sell your private information to anyone. We will release paid feature soon.
Is Kytephone available for iPhone?
Kytephone is only available for the Android platform. We are looking for possibilities expanding Kytephone to other platforms like iOS (iPhone), Windows Phone, and BlackBerry.
Which Android phone can Kytephone app run on?
Any Android smartphone running Android version 2.2+. Kytephone gives you the flexibility to buy your child a new Android phone (they start from $60 with no contract) or give your existing Android phone to your child, allowing you to get a new one :)
How to install Kytephone app?
- Visit kytephone.com from your child's Android phone to download Kytephone application.
- Open the application and go through the installation wizard.
- Login using your email and password.
- Go to Dashboard to create contacts and manage the phone.
How to get voice and data plan?
- Call your current mobile carrier (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc).
- Request to speak with someone in sales.
- Ask the agent to add your child's phone to your existing family plan or request a plan with minimum voice (100 Minutes) and data (100 MB). Remember, Kytephone needs your smartphone to have internet connectivity.
- Provide your the agent with your SIM Card # & IMEI # (found below the battery).
- Restart the phone by taking out the battery or turning the phone off.
How to upgrade Kytephone app?
- Go to Menu and tap "Switch To Parent Mode"
- In Parent Mode, tap the "Upgrade" button, which will take you to the Google Play store.
- Tap Update, then tap "Accept and Download".
- Open Kytephone app and tap Kid Mode.
- Follow the instructions to lock the Home button.
- Done :)
How to disable and quit Kytephone app?
- To disable/quit Kytephone app press the menu button on your Android device → tap Exit → enter login/password.
- If the phone doesn't have Internet connection you may also use unlock code which can be found on the Settings page.
How to install games and other apps?
- To install new apps go to Android Market and login with your Google account associated with the phone you would like to download new apps to. Newly installed apps will be pushed to your phone(s) remotely.
- After installation simply go to Apps section on the Dashboard to manage apps.